Three Generations of
Hartoon Jewelers was established in Tecumseh, Oklahoma in 1908 by C.B. Hartoon. Charlie repaired and sold pocket watches for many years. He later sold gold wedding bands and eventually other jewelry items. Charlie operated the store until the early 1950's when his son Ralph and Ralph's wife Gladys took over the business. Ralph and Gladys operated the business until their retirement in 1981. Their son Phil and his wife Jan took over the business in 1981 and continue to operate it today. The store is located at 109 N. Broadway, Tecumseh, OK.
(Left) as a young man & at the end of his carer.
Ralph & Gladys
Hartoon (left) in 1955.
Hartoon Jewelers circa 1908 (above) was located in the Tecumseh, Oklahoma, Opera House. C.B. Hartoon is second from right and a young Mattie Tice far left worked for C.B. and later became his wife. Charlie and Mattie had three children.
Copyright © Hartoon Jewelers 2017